Monday, May 21, 2018

Raphaella - Read My Mind

With over 60 millions plays and counting on Spotify and having spent a busy 2017 collaborating with some of the UK's most exciting talent, inlcuding Rudimental, MNEK, Steel Banglez and MIST, it's no wonder why Raphaella is considered to be one of the industries most in-demand producers and writers at the moment. Now she's back with her latest offering called "Read My Mind", which also serves as the third single following "Imagine" and "Love-Sick" to be lifted from her upcoming EP, also titled Imagine. "Read My Mind" offers a slick, frank and vulnerable window into her world. Effortlessly transitioning from stark lyricism to an effortlessly melodic and inventive chorus, this is another vintage mark of the North London-based beatmaker and artist.

Speaking on the track, Raphaella explains:

"I wrote 'Read My Mind' after seeing someone for the first time after having broken up with them, and it's that feeling when everything feels the same but different at the same time.
You still have those feelings for them, but now the circumstances have changed so you can't say the things or do the things you normally would have. I wanted to say I still loved them but couldn't, and in my head I was just thinking if only you could read my mind."

"I began layering up synths with my Prophet and Juno as I'm a massive Analogue head, and then just put myself on record and freestyled the majority of the lyrics and melodies including the drop. I was just playing around and decided to pitch/vocoder the chorus melody and that was a real moment for me because I suddenly knew exactly what kind of song I wanted it to be. When I was with this person there were a thousand things I wanted to say but couldn't and so all these pitched and vocoder vocals coming in and out were like all those thoughts and conversations flying around in my head.
"

Listen to "Read My Mind" below.



"Read My Mind" is available now on iTunes.

https://www.facebook.com/RaphaellaMusic

No comments:

Post a Comment