Friday, May 18, 2018

Felicity - Pilot with a Fear of Heights

Australian-born, Cape Town-raised and now New York City-based singer/songwriter Felicity has today released her explosive debut single called "Pilot with a Fear of Heights", which was produced by Grammy award winner Brian Kierulf (Lady Gaga, Britney Spears).
Written from a "timid place," the turbulence-inspired and anthemic-like track tackles the complex fear of destiny as it relates to love. Over soaring, gospel-tinged back-up vocals and delicate piano chords, the singer's raspy-sweet soprano soars to begin the seemingly mournful cut with "I'm treading water, like a preacher's daughter." But as soon the sucker punch of a hook rushes in, it's clear the pop upstart's debut is gunning for song of the summer status.

"'Pilot with a Fear of Heights' is a song I wrote from a timid place. I wanted so badly not to want this person but ultimately being with him was my destiny," says Felicity. "That's exactly what this song is about; a fear of destiny, a pilot whose job is to literally be in the sky, navigating a plane but is ultimately terrified of the largest component of the act (the height). Conceptually I came up with the idea while actually on a plane myself. I brought the idea into the studio the next day and the song basically wrote itself. Sonically I wanted it to be turbulent, which is why the song is slow until the first chorus hits, like a jolt of unexpected turbulence in your ears, then I got the lyrics to match and from there the song felt complete."

Listen to "Pilot With A Fear Of Heights" below.



"Pilot With A Fear Of Heights" is available now on iTunes.

Premiere via Billboard.

https://www.facebook.com/officialfelicity

No comments:

Post a Comment