Friday, January 13, 2017

Hydra Lerna - Hydra

Introducing Hydra Lerna, otherwise known as the new moniker of Norwich, UK-based singer/songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and producer Abigail Blake, who has today unveiled her new single called "Hydra". Named after the Lernean Hydra, a serpentine water monster in Greek and Roman mythology, the new single sees Abigail put her signature twinklestep sound (as heard on her previous offering, "Party Tricks") on the back burner and instead adopt a slightly more darker sound that as she says tiptoes on the thin line between the socially acceptable and the ‘just-don’t-go-there’.

Speaking on the name change, Abigail tells us in an email:

"I just felt like the light-hearted pop-ish vibes weren't suiting me as a person, and I was making this music because things happen to fall that way, and not because it was what I want to make. I'm moving onto darker subject matter and stronger branding - it gives me a kick when people think I'm a bit weird, so I'm embracing this tenfold."

Listen to "Hydra" below.



https://www.facebook.com/hydralernamusic

No comments:

Post a Comment