Tuesday, April 21, 2015

VÉRITÉ - Colors

Fast-rising New York City-based singer/songwriter Kelsey Byrne, aka VÉRITÉ has just unveiled her new single entitled "Colors", which was co-written and produced by MS MR's Zach Nicita. This new single along with her previously released single, "Wasteland" will appear on her forthcoming second EP due out later this year.

In regards to her new single, VÉRITÉ explains: "'Colors' was written over the course of a few days on my bed. I hadn't yet met Zach Nicita, who produced the track, which is more normal than it sounds. I had been forwarded the track from my manager and was immediately semi-obsessed with how hard the percussion hit from the start. It's the first time I had collaborated with Zach and written over a track that was so developed. It definitely challenged me to write strong and dynamically from the start and really strongly solidify a departure from ambient synth pop. Lyrically, it has a really complex, convoluted meaning to me that has changed with each iteration of the song."

Listen to "Colors" below.



Premiere via Popjustice.

https://www.facebook.com/veriteohverite

No comments:

Post a Comment